If your tortillas are not soft there can be several reasons:
- You did not use all purpose flour.
- You did not use a cast iron pan.
- Your pan was not hot enough.
- You did not roll them thin enough.
- They are not stored properly.
I store mine in a zip top plastic bag (put them in while they are still warm) and then close it up and remove all the air. Mine are always soft and every time I remove one, I close the bag back up, air removed each time. I keep them refrigerated this way for as long as 10 days. If you want to make your own homemade tortillas, click here for the recipe. – Jenny Jones