- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 packet (2 tsp/7 gms/1/4 oz) yeast - instant or active dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- about 1/4 cup additional flour
- 2 Tablespoons softened butter or trans-fat free margarine
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- about 2 Tablespoons milk
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Stir in milk followed by oil & egg. Beat on high for 3 minutes.
- Add additional flour until dough forms a mass.
- On a floured surface, knead 150 turns (about 4-5 minutes).
- Cover with plastic or a bowl & let rest 10 minutes.
- Meantime, grease an 8-inch round pan and combine the brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- On a floured surface, roll dough into 12” x 9”.
- Spread with butter/margarine followed by brown sugar mixture.
- Roll up the dough (not too tightly) starting at the 9” end.
- Cover with plastic & rise in a warm spot until doubled, 1 - 1 1/2 hours.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350° F for about 15 minutes.
No MIxer? You can combine the ingredients by hand and follow the rest of the recipe as written. I just tried it and they turned out great.
Problems with this recipe? Click here.