Chewy Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk Cookies
I use a 70% dark chocolate bar instead of chocolate chips but dark chocolate chips would work too. Jenny Jones
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup (3.2 ounces) all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (I use avocado oil)
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chunks (70% cacao is best)
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine oats, flour, baking soda, salt & cinnamon in a bowl or on wax paper. Set aside.
- With electric mixer on medium-high, beat oil, sugar, egg & vanilla in a bowl for about a minute.
- On low speed, stir in oat mixture, followed by chocolate chunks.
- With wet hands or using a scoop, shape into 2-inch balls and place onto baking sheet. With a wet fork, flatten each one about halfway, until they measure 2 1/2 inches across.
- Bake about 12-14 minutes until edges are golden.
Note: For my Whole Wheat version, click here for the recipe.