This is the same recipe as my "Chewy Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk Cookies" except for the flour swap, but the process is different. - Jenny Jones
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (I use avocado oil)
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chunks (70% cacao is best)
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine oats, flour, baking soda, salt & cinnamon in a bowl or on wax paper. Set aside.
- With electric mixer on medium-high, beat oil, sugar, egg & vanilla in a bowl for 1 minute.
- On low speed, stir in the oat mixture, followed by chocolate chunks.
- With wet hands or using a scoop, shape into 2-inch balls and place onto a wax paper-covered cutting board or freezer-safe plate. Freeze for 15 minutes.
- Place cold dough balls on the baking sheet, reshaping them to a round shape if they have flattened. (Do not press down before baking)
- Bake about 12-14 minutes until edges are golden.