All the flavor of breakfast links without any of the bad stuff. This recipe is not as good with ground turkey breast – it’s too dry but good news: dark meat is nutritionally superior to white. Rather than tossing in the spices, it’s better to distribute them all over the meat for easier mixing. - Jenny Jones
- 1 pound ground dark meat turkey
- 1/2 cup shredded apple (I use granny smith or gala)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- Place turkey and apple in a bowl.
- Add spices and combine well using a fork.
- Shape into six 4-inch patties (they will shrink when cooked).
- Brown both sides in an ungreased non-stick pan or in a bit of oil, over medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes, until no longer pink inside or the internal temperature is 165 ° F.
Notes: For more on this recipe in my blog click here.