TIPS: You'll need a pan at least 8 inches across to fit the spaghetti which you break in half. Use a box grater to shred the beets. Stirring is important so the spaghetti doesn't stick. - Jenny Jones
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 2 cups peeled & shredded raw beets (one 6 ounce baseball size beet)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 5 ounces spaghetti, broken in half
- 1/4 teaspoon salt + pepper to taste
- 2 Tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- Place oil and garlic in a sauté pan. Bring to medium-high heat.
- When garlic starts to sizzle, cook & stir for 1 minute, watching not to burn.
- Add shredded beets, water, spaghetti, salt & pepper. Stir well.
- Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring well every 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese and let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Note: There's more on this recipe in my blog. click here.