- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats (not quick or instant)
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup flaked sweetened coconut
- 1 cup of “extras” - I like chopped toasted walnuts, almonds &
- pecans, dried cherries & chocolate chips (mini or regular)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil (I use avocado oil)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Combine oats, brown sugar, coconut and extras in a large bowl.
- Combine honey, oil, and vanilla in a measuring cup.
- Add honey mixture to oat mixture and take time to combine thoroughly - about a minute.
- Spread in baking pan, pressing down very firmly. Try pressing down with the back of a spatula.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Cool completely in pan. (mine takes an hour to cool on a cooling rack)
- Remove from pan (using parchment handles) to cutting board. Remove paper and cut into bars.
How Do I Store My Granola Bars? click here.