Angel Hair Casserole
This is the perfect family dinner. Try to find a good quality, jarred marinara sauce. Angel hair can stick together after draining so I use tongs to place it in the casserole. - Jenny Jones
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups sliced or diced mushrooms
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 24 ounce jar marinara sauce (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 6 ounces angel hair pasta
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, regular or reduced fat, shredded by hand
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Heat oil and saute onions & garlic over med-high heat for 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms. Cook & stir 1 minute.
- Add beef. Cook & stir 2 minutes or until pink is gone.
- Add sauce. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Taste sauce and add spices of you like.
- While sauce simmers, cook pasta per package directions.
- Spread ¼ cup of sauce in a 2 ¼ quart glass or pyrex casserole dish.
- Make 2 layers in this order: drained pasta - sauce - cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes.