Quick & Easy Spaghetti Sauce
Make this simple spaghetti sauce as smooth or chunky as you like. Italian seasoning usually contains dried thyme leaves, oregano, rosemary, marjoram, and basil. - Jenny Jones
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 28-ounce can whole peeled plum tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- 2 Tablespoons fresh sliced basil leaves
- Puree tomatoes (with their juice) in a food processor or blender about 15 seconds to your desired thickness. Set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, sauté garlic in oil for one minute, watching so it doesn’t burn.
- Add remaining ingredients, except fresh basil. Cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in fresh basil.