It's best to have all ingredients at room temperature and be sure to aerate your flour before measuring. I make these with cold pressed avocado oil. Works great with chocolate chips too. - Jenny Jones
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 6 Tablespoons brown sugar (1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp.)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- With electric hand mixer on medium-high, beat oil, sugar, egg & vanilla in a bowl for 1 minute.
- On low speed, stir in oats, flour, baking soda & salt.
- Fold in raisins.
- Using a scoop, shape into 2-inch balls and place onto baking sheet.
- Bake for 14 minutes. Do not over bake.
- (Recipe can be doubled.)
Note: Can also be made with all butter or half butter / half oil, as long as you have 4 tablespoons of fat. That version is under the "Sweets" category.