There’s always canned salmon in my pantry for a quick and healthy meal. Salmon protects your heart and promotes beautiful skin and hair. The bones in canned salmon are soft and mash-able so leave them in to add calcium but I remove most of the skin. Any toxins in fish are stored in the skin. - Jenny Jones
- one 7.5 ounce can red salmon, drained
- 1/4 cup finely diced onion
- 1/4 cup finely diced red pepper
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup fresh whole wheat bread crumbs (not dried)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Place drained salmon in a bowl and mash with a fork.
- Mix with onion, red pepper, parsley, egg, and crumbs.
- Shape into four patties.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat and cook patties for about 5 minutes until browned and cooked through, turning once.
Note: Make fresh bread crumbs by processing a slice of whole wheat bread, crust removed, in a food processor.
Click here for serving suggestions.