You’ll probably have to wait for the oven to heat up but that’s okay because the dough can keep resting until you’re ready for it. Use it right away or put it into a greased bowl, cover with plastic (give it room to expand) and keep refrigerated for up to three days before using. - Jenny Jones
- 1 1/2 cups bread flour (all-purpose flour works too)
- 3/4 teaspoon yeast (instant or active dry)
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- up to 2/3 cup warm water (120-130° F for instant yeast or 110-120°F for active dry)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Place the flour, yeast, sugar & salt into a mixing bowl.
- Slowly add warm water and oil until dough forms a mass. (you may not need all the water)
- If using a stand mixer with a kneading paddle, knead until dough is smooth & elastic (1 - 2 minutes).
- If using a hand mixer or if mixing by hand with a spoon, combine and transfer dough to a floured surface. Knead 50 turns by hand (1 minute).
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rest 10 minutes.
- It’s ready. You can: 1) Use it right away. 2) Let it rest for up to an hour. 3) Refrigerate it for up to 3 days.
- To use a pizza pan, bake in a preheated 425°F oven for 15-20 min. To use a pizza stone, bake at 500°F on a well preheated stone for 7-10 min. Use it to make my pepperoni pizza.
For more on this recipe in my blog, click here.