You'll need a pan that measures at least 9-inches across the bottom with a tight fitting lid. I use my own homemade bread to make fresh crumbs, white or soft whole wheat, crusts removed. No food processor? Just cut the bread into very small pieces. - Jenny Jones
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs, white or soft whole wheat bread (2 slices)
- 2 Tablespoons whole milk (3 Tablespoons if using whole wheat)
- 1 egg
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried Italian herbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt + pepper to taste
- 1 pound ground white turkey
- 1 Tablespoon oil (I use olive or avocado oil)
- 1/4 cup water
- In a food processor pulse bread to make soft crumbs.
- Place crumbs in a bowl and use a fork to mash in the milk.
- Add remaining ingredients except turkey. Combine thoroughly.
- Add turkey, folding in gently by hand. Shape into 1 1/2-inch balls and set aside.
- In a large fry pan, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add meatballs and cook for 5 minutes, turning constantly to brown all sides.
- Add water and cover. Cook, covered, for 3 more minutes. (after 3 minutes if any water remains, remove lid and cook off the water). Meatballs are done at 165° F.