It's dessert with fiber and heart-healthy fat. These 100% whole grain cookies are super crispy and perfect to keep around for a healthy dessert. I always have them in a closed container (refrigerated after a couple of days) and as soon as they're gone, I make more. - Jenny Jones
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats (not quick oats)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts and/or pecans
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt & oats in a bowl.
- In another bowl beat oil, sugars, egg & vanilla with an electric mixer on medium-high speed for 2 minutes until thickened.
- With mixer on low speed add flour mixture to egg mixture, followed by chocolate chips & nuts.
- Shape into 1 1/2" balls & place at least 2 inches apart on cookie sheet. Press them flat with a wet fork.
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes. Remove to a wire rack to cool.