Homemade Butterscotch Pudding
Look how easy it is to make homemade pudding. I have made this recipe using 1% low fat milk and full fat whole milk but I do not recommend fat-free milk. - Jenny Jones
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 3 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk (whole milk or low fat)
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan, combine the brown sugar, cornstarch and salt until there are no lumps.
- Slowly whisk in the milk until smooth.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until it comes to a boil.
- Once it boils it will thicken in less than a minute so keep stirring until it’s thick.
- Remove from heat and add butter and vanilla. Stir until butter is incorporated.
- Pour into serving cups and serve warm or refrigerate.