French green beans are thinner, more tender, and more flavorful than standard green beans and are a much better choice. They are the only green beans I ever use. - Jenny Jones
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice (2 medium lemons)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 chicken breasts (1/2 to 3/4 pound total) - cut into 1-inch thick strips
- 3/4 pound red potatoes - cut into 1 1/2-inch wedges
- 1/2 pound French green beans
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Combine marinade ingredients in a zip top plastic bag.
- Add chicken & potatoes and let marinate while oven heats up.
- Pour chicken, potatoes & marinade into a 13 x 9-inch non-reactive baking dish. (I use Pyrex)
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Meantime, place the beans in the same plastic bag and coat them with residual marinade.
- After 30 minutes, stir in green beans and cook for another 15 minutes.
Note: For softer green beans, add them after 20 minutes.