I like to use thick oats when I can find them. Be sure to keep an eye on the granola towards the end -- you want it well browned but not overdone. You can add raisins, dried cherries or other dried fruit after it’s done and cooled. Jenny Jones
- 4 cups rolled oats (not quick oats)
- 1 cup chopped nuts (I use walnuts, almonds & pecans)
- 3 Tablespoons shredded sweetened coconut
- 1/3 cup brown sugar (1/4 cup works too)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Place all ingredients on an ungreased baking pan.
- Combine well using your hands.
- Bake about 30 - 35 minutes, stirring at 20 minutes, then check every 5 minutes. Bake until well browned - watch carefully.
- Remove from oven and cool in pan. Don't under-bake.
Note: For extra crispy granola, I sometimes add an egg white and I use half maple syrup and half honey.