Farmer’s cheese makes the best blintzes and they can be served with any fresh fruit or applesauce. My dad used to serve them for dessert sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar. Note: it helps to divide your filling into 12 mounds before rolling. - Jenny Jones
- 1/2 pound farmer’s cheese
- 2 Tablespoons reduced fat cream cheese
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- Make twelve crepes (per my recipe) and set aside.
- Combine cheeses, sugar, & vanilla in a bowl.
- Place cheese filling on one end of crepe and roll up, folding sides in so filling can’t escape and flattening slightly for easier browning.
- Preheat a pan over medium heat, rub with a stick of butter and add blintzes, cooking about 5 minutes per side until lightly browned.
Notes: For my Crepes recipe click here.