You just need the right pan with sloped sides to make crepes. Use them for cheese blintzes, tender manicotti, or try rolling them up with jam or fresh fruit for breakfast. I always make mine with 100% whole wheat pastry flour and they are nice and soft. Crepes can be made ahead and stacked for later use. - Jenny Jones
- 1 1/4 cups milk (I use 1% low fat milk)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour (can be whole wheat pastry flour, all purpose, or a combination of both)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- a stick of butter for greasing pan
- Whisk milk, eggs, flour, and oil in a bowl until smooth.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium-high heat.
- For each crepe, lightly rub the pan with a stick of butter.
- Add about 1/4 cup of batter and tilt the pan to spread.
- Cook for about a minute until it loosens and turn over.
- Cook for another 10 - 15 seconds.