The most protective vegetables known to cancer research are all in this delicious and easy to make soup. For the canned tomatoes I use Muir Glen Diced Tomatoes / no salt added. There’s not much juice in the can so I do not drain it. - Jenny Jones
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 4 cups chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 1 cup cabbage - coarsely chopped
- 1 cup cauliflower - bite size pieces
- 1 cup carrots - 1/4-inch slices
- 1 cup kale - thinly sliced
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 3/4 cup canned diced tomatoes, no salt, lightly drained (1/2 of a 14.5 oz can)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt + pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a medium soup pot and saute onion & garlic for 2 minutes.
- Add stock, cabbage, cauliflower, carrots, and kale.
- Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and cook for 8 minutes.
- Add broccoli, tomatoes, salt & pepper. Cook another 2 minutes.
Notes: For more on this recipe in my blog click here.