Make this simple spaghetti sauce as smooth or chunky as you like. Italian seasoning usually contains thyme, oregano, rosemary, marjoram, and basil but feel free to make your own. But fresh basil leaves are a must! - Jenny Jones
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 28-ounce can whole peeled plum tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- 2 Tablespoons fresh sliced basil leaves
- Puree tomatoes (with their juice) in a food processor or blender about 15 seconds to your desired thickness. Set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, sauté garlic in oil for one minute, watching so it doesn’t burn.
- Add remaining ingredients, except fresh basil. Cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in fresh basil.