They look so fancy and taste like heaven. Pecan balls make a beautiful Christmas gift and people will think you’re a gourmet baker but these are surprisingly easy to make. Pecans can be finely chopped or coarsely ground in a food processor and toasting them first makes all the difference. I could not find a way to make these with less butter, I tried! Be prepared: everyone will ask for the recipe! - Jenny Jones
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 stick butter (1/2 cup/113 g), softened
- 1 cup finely chopped toasted pecans (or coarsely ground)
- 3 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar for rolling
- Put all ingredients except powdered sugar into a large bowl.
- Mix thoroughly by hand, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Roll cookies by hand into 1-inch balls.
- Place on ungreased or parchment-lined cookie sheet an inch apart.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until set but not brown.
- Let stand on cookie sheet about 2 minutes, then roll each one gently in powdered sugar. Let cookies cool.
- Once they cool, roll again in powdered sugar. Store loosely covered.