Caramelized Apple Pancake
I love these golden caramelized apples in a light puffy pancake. You’ll need a cast iron skillet and if you have oven gloves, use them... the pan gets really hot! - Jenny Jones
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk (I use 1% milk)
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- pinch of salt
- tiny pinch of nutmeg (really, just a tiny pinch)
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 3 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 large apples (1 pound) peeled & cut into 1-inch chunks (Gala or Granny Smith)
- powdered sugar for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, flour, salt & nutmeg until smooth. Do not use electric mixer. Set aside.
- In a 9-inch cast iron skillet over medium-high heat, melt the butter and brown sugar.
- Add the apples. Cook & stir for 5 minutes until apples are golden & lightly browned.
- Pour batter over apples and place skillet in oven.
- Bake about 15 minutes until pancake is set.
- Remove from oven and invert pancake onto a serving plate.
- Serve immediately. Dust with powdered sugar if you like.