Fresh is the key! Please don’t use canned pineapple in this amazing and delicious dinner. There is no comparison to the real thing. You’ll need your biggest fry pan and get your rice started first because this recipe is quick and easy. And awesome! - Jenny Jones
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil (I use avocado oil)
- about 1/2 pound chicken breasts cut into 1” cubes
- 3-4 cups colored peppers, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups fresh pineapple cut in big chunks
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice (I use canned)
- 1/3 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce (I use low sodium)
- 3 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- Combine sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- Cook & stir chicken in hot oil over medium-high heat for 2 minutes, until lightly browned. Sprinkle with salt & pepper.
- Add peppers and onions. Cook & stir 2-3 minutes.
- Add sauce and cook until thick, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in pineapple. Serve over rice.