Even if you don’t like things spicy, you can omit the jalapeno pepper and it’s still a great salad. Cabbage is known to help protect against cancer while spicy foods help boost your metabolism. Tossing this salad is easiest using two forks. - Jenny Jones
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- (a few drops of Tabasco – if you dare!)
- 3 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1/2 cup diced green onion (white & green parts)
- 1 seeded & sliced jalapeno pepper
- Combine dressing in a small bowl or cup.
- Place vegetables in a large glass bowl.
- Add dressing to vegetables and toss.