Spaghetti with Olive Oil & Garlic
Be careful because garlic can burn easily and turn bitter, which is why I start the oil and garlic together so it heats up slowly. - Jenny Jones
- 4 ounces spaghetti
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 Tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- 1 Tablespoon Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- Meantime, place oil and garlic in a large pan.
- Heat slowly over low heat, stirring until garlic turns pale gold, about 5 minutes. Remove immediately from heat. Do not brown.
- Drain spaghetti, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water.
- Stir spaghetti into oil & garlic along with parsley, salt & pepper.
- If it's dry, moisten with extra olive oil or a little pasta water.
- Top with Parmesan if you like.