Spaghetti With Chicken
Other things you can add to your sauce are a bay leaf, some crushed red pepper flakes or right before serving, some fresh basil. Serve over spaghetti or your favorite pasta. - Jenny Jones
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (3/4 to 1 pound total)
- 28-ounce can whole peeled plum tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning (try my seasoning mix)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt + pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons sugar (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons chopped parsley (optional)
- Cut each chicken breast into 3 pieces for a total of six.
- Puree tomatoes (with their juice) in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- In a saucepan over med-high heat, saute onion and garlic for 1 minute.
- Add chicken, sprinkle with salt & pepper, cook & stir for 1 minute.
- Add remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 50 minutes.
- Remove lid, increase heat a little, and cook 10 minutes more until sauce thickens. Serve over your favorite pasta. (I like to shred the chicken into the sauce.)