Mix and match the veggies of your choice. Other possibilities are zucchini, onion, sweet potato, butternut squash and cauliflower. Keep in mind that veggies with more moisture will not brown as well. - Jenny Jones
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 chicken breast (about 1/2 pound ) - cut in half
- 3/4 pound small red potatoes, unpeeled, cut into small wedges
- 1 large carrot, cut in 1/2-inch slices
- 3 ounces small Brussels sprouts, whole
- 3 ounces green beans
- one bell pepper, cut into bite size chunks
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Combine marinade ingredients in a zip top plastic bag.
- Add chicken & potatoes and let marinate while oven heats up.
- Add remaining vegetables to plastic bag and mix well to coat everything.
- Place a 4 by 10-inch wide strip of parchment paper at one end of a large baking pan. (this is only to save cleanup)
- Place chicken on the parchment and vegetables on the rest of the pan.
- Sprinkle everything with salt & pepper and bake for 25 minutes, stirring the vegetables after 10 and 20 minutes. Do not turn chicken. (Chicken is done at 165° F)
Note: To see how to prepare your pan, click here.