Short grain rice like Arborio or Calrose rice make the best pudding but keep an eye on the pan as this dish can easily spill over on the stove. The burner should be just warm enough to bubble. This pudding will thicken as it cools but it’s best served warm. - Jenny Jones
- 3 cups milk (1%, 2%, or whole milk)
- 1/2 cup Calrose rice (Arborio works too)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Place milk, rice, sugar and cinnamon stick in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, stirring until sugar dissolves. Reduce heat to low. Cook, uncovered, at a gentle boil for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until rice is thick and creamy.
- Remove cinnamon stick and stir in vanilla.
- Get your fuzzy slippers and a big spoon.