To use unpeeled cucumbers it's best to buy organic; otherwise, peel the cucumbers. Stir the dressing really well until the vinegar is clear. - Jenny Jones
- 1/2 pound Persian cucumbers, thinly sliced (2 large cucumbers)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 Tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Scrub or peel cucumbers and slice thinly, no more than 1/8-inch thick.
- Slice onions thinly.
- Place both in a glass or metal bowl.
- In a cup, combine vinegar, sugar, and salt. Stir vigorously until sugar & salt dissolve.
- Stir dressing into cucumber/onion mixture.
- Serve with a slotted spoon.
Too Much Sugar? Most of the sugar remains in the dressing which is left behind as you serve with a slotted spoon.