Try to make identical pairs of skewers so everyone gets equally served. I prefer metal skewers but if you use wood they need to be soaked in water for at least 30 minutes before using, preferably longer, to keep the wood from burning. The chicken can be marinated in advance for several hours. - Jenny Jones
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- juice of 1/2 a lemon (1-2 Tablespoons)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- One chicken breast (1/3 to 1/2 pound)
- One large zucchini - cut in 1/4 inch slices
- 1/2 of a red pepper - cut in bite size pieces
- 1/2 of a yellow pepper - cut in bite size pieces
- 1/4 of a small red onion - separate layers in bite size pieces
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- Combine marinade ingredients in a plastic bag. I use a produce bag.
- Cut chicken into bite size 1-inch pieces and add to marinade. Set aside.
- Line a large baking sheet with foil including the edges. (I like to put parchment paper on top of the foil)
- Prepare vegetables and add to marinating chicken. Toss well.
- Place chicken & veggies on a large plate for easier handling.
- Thread onto skewers and sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper.
- Place on baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes - no need to turn over. (I serve these with basmati rice)
Note: For more on this recipe in my blog, click here.