THIS RECIPE HAS BEEN UPDATED AND SIMPLIFIED. Leaving a little of the bean juice while draining helps thicken the sauce. A timer is helpful and be sure to keep the water boiling the whole time.
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 5 ounces pasta
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt + pepper to taste
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 15 oz. can of cannellini beans, lightly drained
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Sauté garlic in oil in a saucepan on medium-high for one minute until golden.
- Add pasta, water, salt & pepper. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and cook.
- Four minutes before pasta is done, toss the broccoli on top and quickly close the lid.
- Whisk together the water and flour.
- One minute before pasta is done, stir in water/flour mixture, beans, and Parmesan cheese. Cook & stir, uncovered, for another minute.
Note: For added nutrition, reduce broccoli to 2 cups and add 2 cups of baby spinach along with the beans.