There’s so much nutrition in these colorful vegetables. Eat them hot or cold (cold is my favorite). Cruciferous vegetables like broccoli and cauliflower defend against cancer. Use white or purple cauliflower. - Jenny Jones
- 2 cups of broccoli florets
- 2 cups of cauliflower florets
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- pepper to taste
- Steam broccoli and cauliflower for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Combine marinade ingredients in a small bowl.
- Pour marinade over hot vegetables.
- Add onions and stir. Serve hot or cold.
Notes: For more on this recipe in my blog click here.