Don't wear white when you're working with red beets! But eat beets because it’s the vegetables with deep colors that have the most antioxidants. Beets have anti-aging benefits and can protect your immune system, liver, memory, heart, and urinary tract. - Jenny Jones
- 3 beets (tennis ball size)
- 1/4 cup sliced red onion
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt + pepper to taste
- Peel and cut beets into bite size pieces.
- Steam or boil them until done, around 15 minutes.
- While beets cook, combine dressing ingredients and set aside.
- Place cooked beets into a glass bowl. (plastic will retain the red dye).
- Stir in onions and dressing. Serve warm or cold.