My low fat cheesecake uses all reduced fat ingredients but nobody would guess it’s low fat. It’s delicious and so rich tasting! I brought it to a party once and they are STILL talking about it. It’s best to have all your ingredients at room temperature. - Jenny Jones
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- a little butter for greasing
- 4 egg whites
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 15 ounces part skim ricotta cheese (about 2 cups)
- 8 ounces reduced fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream (I prefer Daisy brand)
- 15-ounce can pumpkin
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Generously coat a 9-inch springform pan with butter.
- Roll the crumbs around the bottom and sides, leaving the remainder covering the bottom.
- Beat egg whites, gradually adding sugar, until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- Pour off any liquid from cheeses.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat ricotta and cream cheese for one minute until smooth, scraping down once. On low speed, add sour cream and pumpkin.
- Slowly add sugar on low speed followed by egg yolks one at a time, then spices. The mixing process takes about 5 minutes.
- Using a spatula by hand, gently fold in egg whites.
- Pour batter into pan, smoothing top, and bake for 1 hour.
- Turn oven off and leave cake inside for 30 minutes.
- Remove to a cooling rack for 2 hours. Refrigerate before serving.