There’s only one ingredient in this recipe: apples. Try different varieties and you may like yours made with fuji or macintosh, or any other variety. The sweeter the apple, the sweeter the sauce. - Jenny Jones
- 1 lb. apples (I prefer gala)
- 3 Tablespoons water
- Peel, core, and chop apples into 1-inch chunks.
- Put apples and water in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to low & cook about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mash with potato masher to desired chunkiness.
Notes: For more on this recipe in my blog click here.