I love these crispy cookies. Dried figs are high in fiber and antioxidants and I sometimes chop up some dark chocolate instead of chocolate chips for an even healthier cookie. The thinner you press them before baking, the crispier they will be. - Jenny Jones
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup All Bran Original cereal
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 3 Tablespoons flaked sweetened coconut
- 5 dried figs, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, oats, cereal, baking soda & salt in a bowl or on wax paper.
- With electric mixer on medium-high, beat oil, sugars, egg & vanilla in a bowl for 3 minutes until thick.
- On low speed, stir in flour mixture, followed by chocolate chips, coconut & figs. Batter will be thick.
- With wet hands or using a scoop, shape into 2-inch balls and place onto baking sheet. With a wet fork, flatten each one to 1/2-inch thick.
- Bake about 16 minutes until edges are golden. Cool on the pan for 5 minutes before removing.
No whole wheat pastry flour? See Substitutions in my blog.