There are no specific amounts on the vegetables because you can use more or less of each one and make as much salad as you need. Feta cheese is better if purchased whole and you can just break some off and crumble it with your fingers. For the dressing you can either crush the garlic in a garlic press or just smash a clove to crack it open and release the essence. (this makes enough dressing for several big salads) - Jenny Jones
- Romaine lettuce
- Persian cucumbers, can be peeled or unpeeled
- Tomatoes: red, yellow, or heirloom
- Sliced red onion
- A few kalamata olives
- A little feta cheese
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- juice of one lemon (about 2 Tablespoons)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed or smashed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- Make dressing in advance (30 min. or more) so the flavors can marinate. Combine dressing ingredients in a glass jar. Cover and shake to combine. Refrigerate until needed.
- Place lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, & onion into a large bowl.
- Add just enough dressing to coat the veggies and toss well. (keep remaining dressing refrigerated)
- Throw in a few olives and top with crumbled feta cheese.
Notes: For more on this recipe in my blog click here.