Tender potatoes are oven roasted with fresh lemon juice and more until the edges are crispy and golden. Use any kind of potato but I prefer meaty russets – two big ones. The bigger your pan the better and it should be non-reactive, like glass or Pyrex. - Jenny Jones
- 1 1/2 pounds potatoes, peeled & cut into thick wedges
- 1 cup chicken stock
- juice of 2 lemons (about 1/3 cup)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- Combine everything in a zip top plastic bag. Let marinate while oven heats up.
- Pour potatoes & liquid into a large non-reactive baking dish.
- Bake uncovered for 45-50 minutes, turning occasionally. If liquid cooks away, add a little more stock or water.
- If they need more browning, use convection heat or switch the oven to broil (do not raise the rack) for the last 5 minutes.