They're fudgy, chewy, and delicious. Be sure the chocolate isn’t too hot when you add the eggs or they will cook. - Jenny Jones
- 3 ounce bar 70% bittersweet dark chocolate
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil (I use avocado oil)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup (5 ounces) Bob's Red Mill 1 to1 gluten free baking flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (Dutch process is best)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts/pecans + 1/4 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a saucepan on very low heat, melt chocolate with oil, stirring a few times.
- Stir in sugar until it dissolves (30 seconds) and remove from heat to cool down.
- Line an 8 x 8-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Sift flour, cocoa, and salt onto wax paper or into a bowl. Set aside.
- To the saucepan, stir in eggs and vanilla. Stir as little as possible.
- Stir in flour/cocoa mixture followed by nuts and chocolate chips. Mixture will be thick.
- Spread evenly into pan and bake for 20 minutes – no more.
Note: You can replace the oil with 5 Tablespoons (2 1/2 ounces of butter) and melt it with the chocolate.