The best flavor will come from ripe, firm tomatoes that have not been refrigerated. Measurements do not have to be exact so use more or less of any ingredient per your taste. I like to drain the diced tomatoes in a strainer while doing other prep but you don’t have to. For super spicy, use a serrano pepper. - Jenny Jones
- 4 tomatoes (about 1 lb)
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded & diced.
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime or lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cut tomatoes into quarters and remove seeds. Chop into 1/4-inch pieces.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
Notes: For more on this recipe in my blog click here.