Easy Stewed Prunes
Store bought stewed prunes contain high fructose corn syrup. With homemade, the only thing added is water. Use only plain dried prunes with nothing added, except maybe potassium sorbate. - Jenny Jones
- 8 ounces plain dried pitted prunes
- 1 1/2 cups cold water
- Place prunes in a saucepan, separating any that are stuck together.
- Add water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Store in a covered container, refrigerated.