You can also grease a loaf pan and insert a parchment paper sling across the wide side for lifting, but the foil eliminates washing the pan. I like to use part dark chocolate chips and part 68% chocolate bar. It's best to have your ingredients at room temperature. - Jenny Jones
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup + 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup milk (I use whole milk)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (or chunks of a dark chocolate bar)
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted nuts (I use pecans & walnuts)
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Line a loaf pan with aluminum foil.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt onto wax paper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs, oil, sugar, and vanilla for 3 minutes until thick.
- On lowest speed, stir in half the flour mixture, followed by the milk, and then the remaining flour.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and nuts. Do not over-mix.
- Spread batter evenly into the loaf pan and bake for 1 hour.
- Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes.