Easy dinner in a pan? Count me in! You’ll need a good-sized pan with tall sides for all these antioxidant-rich peppers. And chicken stocks vary so taste for salt after the dish is cooked. It’s a family favorite. - Jenny Jones
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3 medium peppers (red, orange or green) cut 1/2-inch wide strips
- 1 1/4 cups long grain rice, uncooked (I use Ben’s Converted)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- In a large pan over med-high heat, sauté onion & garlic in oil for 1 minute.
- Add chicken pieces. Cook & stir for 1 minute to brown.
- Add peppers. Cook & stir for 1 minute.
- Add rice and thyme, cook & stir for 1 minute.
- Add stock, parsley, salt & pepper. Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand, covered, another 10 minutes so all the liquid gets absorbed. Taste for salt.
Notes: For more on this recipe in my blog click here.