Almonds taste best when toasted and cooled so I do that in advance, sometimes days/weeks before. This is a double-boiler method using a saucepan and glass bowl. Clusters should be kept refrigerated to keep them from melting in your hand. - Jenny Jones
- 3 ounce dark chocolate bar (at least 70% cacao)
- 3/4 cup toasted & cooled raw almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup dried cherries, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup raisins, chopped if they are large
- Put one inch of water in a small saucepan.
- Place a pyrex glass bowl on top so it does not touch the water.
- Break chocolate into pieces and place in the bowl.
- Bring water to a boil and reduce heat to a bare simmer.
- Stir chocolate occasionally until it melts.
- While chocolate melts, place a sheet of wax paper on a 10 by 12-inch cutting board.
- Combine nuts, cherries and raisins in bowl.
- When chocolate has melted, turn off the burner and drop nut mixture into the warm chocolate.
- Using 2 teaspoons lift small clusters onto wax paper.
- When finished, drizzle any remaining warm chocolate over the clusters.
- Cool on the counter for 15 minutes and transfer the board to refrigerator to cool and firm.
- Transfer cooled clusters into a sealed container and keep refrigerated.