Use a muffin tin or tart pan. Greasing it (even a non-stick) helps with removal and also helps brown the crust. I use a 3 1/2-inch biscuit cutter and when you re-roll the dough for the last circle or two, try to cut it a little bigger since it will pull back in size.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup milk (I use 1% or 2% low fat milk)
- 5 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup butter, melted & cooled
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Grease a 12-cup tart or muffin pan with butter.
- Combine flour, salt, milk, and oil in a bowl and stir with a fork until it forms a ball.
- Shape it by hand into a smooth ball and roll between 2 sheets of floured wax paper to 1/8-inch thickness (about a 10 x 14-inch oval).
- Cut out as many 3 1/2-inch circles as you can (I get 10 or 11). Re-roll the dough for remaining circles.
- Place a circle in the bottom of each muffin/tart cup.
- Stir together the filling ingredients in a bowl.
- Spoon filling into dough cups.
- Bake for 15 minutes until golden and bubbly.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and remove tarts from pan.
Note: Corn syrup is not the same as high fructose corn syrup.