If you like my giant breakfast cookies you’ll love these chewy brownies. Moist prunes are key to keeping these bars moist. If you can't find Sunsweet in a can you can pour boiling water over dried prunes in a bowl, cover and let stand for 15 minutes. Drain and chop. And if you can’t find All Bran use another high fiber cereal.
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup All Bran Original cereal
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup chopped moist prunes (Sunsweet Premium in a can)
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Grease a 9 x 9 square baking pan or line with foil.
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- With an electric mixer on high, beat oil, sugars, eggs & vanilla about 2 minutes until thick.
- On low speed, fold in dry ingredients, prunes & chocolate chips. Mixture will be very thick.
- With wet hands, press evenly into pan.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.
Notes: Still want the old recipe? Click here