My homemade bran muffins are so tasty you might just forget they’re good for you. - Jenny Jones
- 2 cups wheat bran
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup low fat buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Grease a 12-cup muffin pan or insert paper liners.
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl. Stir well.
- Combine liquid ingredients in a measuring cup.
- Add liquid mixture to dry ingredients all at once and gently combine. Do not over-mix. (Fold in raisins if desired)
- Divide batter evenly between cups. Bake for 15-18 minutes.