Black Bean Quesadilla
With my homemade whole wheat tortillas and canned beans and chiles, this healthy quesadilla is ready in minutes and if you like things spicy, make it with pepperjack cheese and hot green chiles. Pre-shredded cheese won’t melt the same so shred your own. - Jenny Jones
- 2 whole wheat tortillas
- 2 oz. reduced fat Monterey Jack cheese, shredded (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, drained
- 1/4 cup canned diced green chiles
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- Spread cheese, beans and chiles on one tortilla & top with another.
- Heat the oil in a fry pan over medium heat and add the quesadilla.
- Cook for about 7 minutes, turning over halfway through.
- Remove to a plate and cut into serving wedges.
We made these with our kids, tonight. They were delicious, and a fun way to get kids excited about healthy options. Thank you.
I’ve never been good at frying food. I either the food soggy or I burn it. Is there a way to modify the cooking method in an oven by chance?
I found you”accidentally” after clicking on another YouTube link and recognizing you. It’s been a joy to learn new things and recipes…. most especially as my husband’s mother was polish and died when he was just 7. Now I can feed him some of the things his mother and grandmother might have made for him!! I already made the doughnuts and tonight the non polish tortillas and quesadillas…. soon pierogies!! Thanks so much!!! Jenny CAN cook!!!
So simple and easy! I don’t know why I didn’t think of this haha. Tomorrow’s lunch is now planned, thanks Jenny!
I make these at home, but I use store bought tortillas (my favorite is Calidad) and add chopped green onion (green and white parts), vegan shreds (Trader Joe’s), & some leftover cooked brown rice. Add a salad and fruit and it’s a meal. Now I will try them with black beans, I had used the pintos.