With my homemade whole wheat tortillas (my recipe using whole wheat pastry flour) and canned beans and chiles, this healthy quesadilla is ready in minutes and if you like things spicy, make it with pepperjack cheese and the hot green chiles. Pre-shredded cheese won’t melt the same so shred your own. Serve with salsa or guacamole. - Jenny Jones
- 2 whole wheat tortillas
- 2 oz. reduced fat Monterey Jack cheese, shredded (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, drained
- 1/4 cup canned diced green chiles
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- Spread cheese, beans and chiles on one tortilla & top with another.
- Heat the oil in a fry pan over medium heat and add the quesadilla.
- Cook for about 7 minutes, turning over halfway through.
- Remove to a plate and cut into serving wedges.