Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
They'll be even healthier with dark chocolate chunks. A cold egg is better to keep the batter from spreading. Toasting the pecans makes a world of difference. - Jenny Jones
- 3 Tablespoons softened butter
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cold egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups super-fine blanched almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans
- 1/3 cup (1 1/2 ounces) 70% dark chocolate chunks (or chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- With an electric mixer on medium-high, beat butter, sugars, egg, and vanilla until well combined - about 1 minute.
- On lowest speed add flour, baking soda, and salt followed by chocolate chips and nuts. Do not overmix.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto parchment-lined baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until the edges are golden. Cool on the pan for a couple of minutes.